Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why the Law of attraction Has Not Worked For Me

Why the Law of attraction Has Not Worked For Me

Don't get me wrong.I'm not saying the Law of attraction () doesn't work.Up until recently, I simply hadn't been applying it in a way that was bringing me what I want instead of what I don't want.Here's why.

-Trying- to Attract Prosperity

My goal for some time now has been to attract prosperity and abundance.At one point, about three years ago, I came into A LOT of money.Funny thing, though.As soon as I received it, I could hear a little voice in my head warning me, -What are you going to do when the money runs out?-So, even though I had all this money, I was afraid at the same time that it was going to run out at some future date (an important point as you'll read later).

So I went to work, furiously trying to establish a new home-based business or activity that would bring in money on a regular basis. I tried just about everything: real estate, several network marketing ventures, writing, cash gifting, and internet marketing. Along with getting involved in these ventures, I also made sure that I was focusing on what I want (or so I thought) - amazing success. I visualized and affirmed success and prosperity as often as I could, believing that this would bring me into with what I wanted and attract it to me. But I never achieved the success I thought these actions would bring me.

Now, the voice that I heard when I first received that financial windfall was getting louder, and I'm starting to really get worried that, if I don't DO something quickly, I'm going to run out of money.So, I started thinking, -I better find me a J-O-B fast.-Something I never thought I'd have to do because I had been successfully self-employed for 21 years, doing what I love, i.e., writing instructional materials for Federal government employees.But the money was slipping away faster than I could blink, and I figured it was time to bite the bullet and look for work.That's what I've been doing for several months now, applying for job and job after job.But nothing has come through, and - you guessed it - the money continues to run out.Now I'm really freaking out.

So why hasn't all that affirming and visualizing and positive thinking worked? I believe because I never addressed that underlying fear that the money was going to run out.Instead of believing in and aligning with success and prosperity, I allowed a fear to usurp my thinking and control my actions.

Focusing on the Problem Doesn't Work

First, I know without a doubt that consciousness creates.Everything that I experience in life, including my physical body, is a manifestation of my beliefs, not only about what's real, but also about who I am.This concept of -consciousness as cause- is supported not only by the new physics, but has been proclaimed in the oldest spiritual texts.Even Jesus said, -And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING (emphasis added), ye shall receive- [King James Version].In other words, whatever you ask for, you have to believe (in consciousness) that you've already received it (that it already exists) BEFORE you can receive it (as a physically manifested fact).

Therefore, my attempts to change external conditions failed because my underlying belief has been that something -in the world- is wrong or broken and needs fixing.Trying to fix something that I perceive as broken, whether through doing something concrete or visualizing, affirming and thinking positively about it, hasn't worked because my attention has been focused on the problem (i.e, running out of money) which I have believed is real.The more I try to fix it, the more of my attention is focused on it, and the stronger and more entrenched it becomes, i.e., more money runs out.

F.E.A.R. (False Evidence Appearing Real)

This leads to the second issue I had to confront, and that is fear. Fear is an interesting animal, but I'm realizing, not as scary as I once thought, thanks to some reading and conversations I've had over at my new friend, Ande's LOA blog, The Secret is Wags. And thanks to ideas shared by one of her readers, Greg, I'm pretty sure I've discovered the role fear has played in all of this and what to do about it

Here's why fear is so intriguing to me.The thing or situation feared usually hasn't even happened yet, but is instead a future event we imagine MIGHT happen.What we end up doing, then, is looking for ways to protect ourselves from something that doesn't even exist.My fear was that I would run out of money, even while I was flush in cash, and my actions (business building and job hunting) were based on a need to protect myself against something that hadn't even happened.Why not imagine something wonderful happening instead?Each imagined reality has an equal chance of occurring (they both exist vibrationally), but the one that manifests is the one we give the most attention to.

Now when I feel fear rising, I can simply stop and remind myself that I am imagining something that isn't real and therefore have no need to protect myself against.It's also a reminder to focus instead on what I want and to know that I already have it.

Alignment is Queen (Latifah)

I had a this morning in which Queen Latifah killed my mother. She denied it, but I knew without a doubt that she did it. I told her that I NEVER wanted to be her friend again, and made her leave. She looked at me with this knowing, -Cheshire cat- smile on her face and walked away.

This dream was the linchpin that brought all of this understanding together for me. It's about two -me's- that currently exist. Queen Latifah symbolizes the -me- I am becoming; she's confident, empowered, rich, and completely aligned with what she wants. Actually, I already AM this version of "me" vibrationally. My job is to align with her and allow her to manifest. My mother represents the old -me- who worries and is anxious and fearful (my mom was, in fact, a big worrier). Queen Latifah knows that this old me has to die in order for her to live, even if, in the dream, I didn't know it. But I do now.

What do I need to do, then, to manifest this new version of me? The first thing is to be clear about what I want, and that is -more than enough money.- Secondly, in order to believe that I'm going to receive it, I have to know that I already have it. Third, because I know I already have it, I can relax and allow it to unfold as a manifested reality.

LOA would say that what I want exists -vibrationally- and that all I need to do is align with it or feel as if I already have it. I can't just think it; I have to feel it to be true. Moreover, I'm aligning not to make something happen, but to feel how good it feels to be in alignment because, as I sustain this good-feeling alignment, I don't have to worry about the . Its unfolding is inevitable because I'm no longer blocking it with opposing beliefs and fear.

This allowing or letting go of the need to -make it happen- is the hardest part of LOA practice because we are so used to DOING things to MAKE something happen. But that greater part of us - God, Consciousness, Source, Being, Pure Awareness - knows far more than we could ever know about how to bring it to us. What a relief to know that I don't have to work so hard to make something happen based on my much more limited perspective.

This doesn't mean I don't do anything, however. I can relax and do what's before me to do, whatever that is as my day unfolds, feeling the exquisite alignment that lets me know at a deep level of Being that what I want already exists and that its manifestation will occur in the perfect way and at the perfect time.

I'll let you know how this works for me.

Related Hubs

No comments:

Post a Comment